The New Car Assessment Programme for Southeast Asian Countries (ASEAN NCAP), the ninth edition to the world’s NCAP family, is targeted to elevate vehicle safety standards, raise consumer awareness and thus encourage a market for safer vehicles in the ASEAN region. The establishment of ASEAN NCAP in December 2011 marked a new milestone of vehicle safety for the region in response to the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020.
As part of of ASEAN NCAP initiative to promote safer vehicles particularly the star rating assessment of newly launched models amongst the students in the ASEAN region, we are organizing the ASEAN NCAP Arty Mind Challenge to get students to understand the roles of ASEAN NCAP in our everyday lives.
The categories of the Challenge are as follows.
1. All entries must adhere to the theme of the Challenge.
2. Submission of entry must be submitted using an online registration form comprising:
3. Each submission must be uploaded using WeTransfer.com or Google Drive with link of the uploaded file to be accompanied in the registration form. The email of the link can also be addressed to email@example.com.
4. Participation can be in any language but the subtitle must be in English.
5. Submission submitted should be original and creative. They must clearly and strongly convey the theme of the competition. Participants shall not copy or reproduce materials belonging to other persons (including from websites, publications etc.) without permission. Such actions may be unlawful and may result in legal sanctions. If there is a necessity to reproduce materials, participants must obtain written permission from the copyright owners if any copyrighted materials are to be used (including reproduced, adapted, published etc.). This fact should then be notified to ASEAN NCAP.
6. ASEAN NCAP reserves the rights to amend the rules and regulations and the terms and conditions governing the competition without prior notice.
7. ASEAN NCAP reserves the rights to reject incomplete submissions, or submissions that may be considered inappropriate.
8. ASEAN NCAP will not reimburse the participants any costs or expenses incurred as a result of participating in the competition.
9. Participants need to ensure no brands are clearly displayed in the submitted video EXCEPT for ASEAN NCAP purposes. Music or any audio used must be of royalty-free status.
10. Use of obscene elements, political, religious and racial insults, obscene or vulgar language are strictly forbidden.
11. Every submitted entry should not win any competition or receive any award prior to this Challenge.
12. Entries failing to comply with any of the competition regulations will be disqualified.
13. Should any dispute arise in connection with the competition, or with the interpretation or implementation of these rules and regulations, ASEAN NCAP’s decision will be final.
1. Each applicant declares to be the author or rights owner of the submitted video(s) and to own all literary, dramatic and musical rights.
2. All entries and materials submitted are copyrights of ASEAN NCAP and will not be returned to the participants.
3. ASEAN NCAP reserves the rights to use the videos for strictly non-commercial, educational purposes. ASEAN NCAP has the right to use all materials related to the submission (in whole or part) for promotional purposes.
1. Format of the submitted video shall be in WMV or MP4.
2. The produced video must be within the stipulated duration between 3-5 minutes, inclusive of credits.
3. The submitted entries must be in the final edited version. Unfinished videos will not be taken into consideration.
4. Focus area of animation is not limited to as follows.
CII. Graphic Motion
1. The ASEAN NCAP graphic motion competition is targeting to develop the promotional crash video for ASEAN NCAP, as introduction and closing segments.
2. Sample of the introduction and closing of the current ASEAN NCAP motion graphic can be referred from ASEAN NCAP crash test videos available at the official Youtube channel.
3. The introduction and closing of the motion graphic video should be within 4-6 seconds.
4. Format of the submitted video shall be in WMV or MP4.
5. A link to download the Ai file of ASEAN NCAP and stakeholders logos will be provided.
l. The judging panel for professional jury will consist of:
2. The judging criteria are based on 50% from public jury and 50% from professional jury.
3. All submissions will be published on ASEAN NCAP Youtube channel for public jury’s assessment.
4. Only three best videos for each category will be selected for the finals.
5. The judges’ decisions are final and any appeal will not be entertained.
6. Submitted entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria and scoring scheme.
7. Any plagiarism will be will be penalised/disqualified.
l. All prizes are not transferable and all participants will be given a Certificate of Participation.
2. Participants are allowed to submit more than one entry, but each participant will only qualify for one prize.
3. The prizes for each category are as follows.
1st – RM2,000.00
2nd – RM1,500.00
3rd – RM1,000.00
1st – RM1,000.00
2nd – RM750.00
3rd – RM500.00
l. All entries must be submitted to ASEAN NCAP latest by 15 May 2018, before 5:00 PM.
2. Submission received after the deadline will not be entertained.
3. Any questions pertaining the competition can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com.
4. ASEAN NCAP will be holding a briefing regarding the competition on 20 April 2018 (Friday), 9:30 AM at Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS). Interested participants will have the opportunity to ask detailed questions related to the competition during the briefing.
c/o MIROS, Ground Floor
Lot 127, Jalan TKS 1
Taman Kajang Sentral
43000 Kajang, Selangor
Tel: 03-8924 9200
Fax: 03-8733 2005